Confidential mode – send secret email using Gmail
Nowadays Google one of the largest internet company in the world and Gmail mail is one of the largest email programs around the world and Confidential mode feature is the only innovation done by Gmail.
Gmail improves day by day and introduces the variety of functions from time to time like Undo Email, Allow Gmail account access to another Google user without sharing the password, the variety of inbox, preferred language typing and many more…
Now this time Gmail launch a feature name “Confidential mode”
What is the Confidential mode?
Using confidential mode feature you can send a private and secret email to someone either use using Gmail or another email service. You can also send an attachment with the confidential mode.
In confidential mode applied various types of restriction like email forwarding, copy, print, and download disabled.
The special in the confidential mode to set an expiration date for messages or revoke access at any time.
Confidential mode available to all around the world but confidential mode with passcode now available for few counties only.
- North America
- South America
- Asia: India and Japan
The confidential mode currently not available for G Suite users. Maybe it will works in ore country and G suite in the feature.
How is the Confidential mode works?
When you send email using confidential mode, What exactly happens is Gmail sent an email link of original email to the user and original email stored still in Gmail server.
If you sent the email with a required passcode than email recipient must enter a passcode or OTP to open the email. As a sample screenshot below.
In link email, Gmail notifies the user you have received a confidential email click link to open it, but if you are a Gmail user and email having without passcode than you can see the confidential email in your email no link required.
The confidential mode email automatically embedded in Gmail web and Gmail app.
But still has some limitation of confidential mode. the confidential mode helps prevent the recipients from accidentally sharing your email, it doesn’t prevent recipients from taking screenshots or photos of your messages or attachments.
Recipients who have malicious programs on their computer may still be able to copy or download your messages or attachments.
How to send confidential mode email.
You need a send email in the regular process in extra you click on confidential mode icon to send a confidential email.
Follow below step by step to send a private and secret email using Gmail confidential mode.
- Open Gmail and log in.
- Click on Compose button.
3. Write email as per regular and click confidential mode icon as height below.
4. Set email expiration date.
5. You can also mandate for the passcode. The passcode is optional.
6. After successful adding confidential mode, the email looks like as per below attachment.
7. If you choose for passcode than Gmail ask for mobile no email recipients.
Note: Enter recipients mobile no, not your mobile no.
8. Email sent successfully, If you enable for undo email then its also ask for undo.
9. The recipients received email looks like this.
10. If recipients try to open email and mandate for password than Gmail ask for send passcode, otherwise confidential email open directly.
11. The recipients enter received passcode and see the confidential email.
12. You can revoke access confidential email any time after sending the email. Go to sent email section and find the email. open it and revoke access.
Gmail improves day by day and launching feature and function to enhance user experience, This a new and effective way to send the email.