Simplify confusion between 32-bit x86 vs 64-bit x64
I am always wondering about which operating system I am using? 32-bit or 64-bit, x86 or x64.
Why creates confusion over 32-bit vs 64-bit.
Well, I believe that most of the computer user don’t have technical knowledge in depth, They need an only running system and they are happy.
When time to installing software then they see the 32-bit download or 64-bit download on a website and start confusing to choose correct download for this machine.
So many people confuse between 32-bit vs 64-bit. Is my machine 32-bit or 64-bit? Is my machine support 32-bit or 64-bit operating system or not?
Lets resolved it…
The first of all you know 32-bit and x86 both are same architecture.
Here is the solution of all about 32-bit vs 64-bit. When we think about 32-bit or 64-bit, then it’s simply meant a processor 32-bit or 64-bit.
A machine having 32-bit processor can only support 32-bit operating systems.
A machine having 64-bit processor can support both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit operating system.
Know how to check your machine having 32-bit or 64-bit, follow below step to find out easily follow these steps.
- Click the Start button.
- And then click Run or press the key with combination + R.
- Type cmd or Command and then click OK.
- A command box dialog appears on the screen.
- Type “systeminfo” and press Enter key.
- Wait a few seconds and you see all details occur on screen.
See below step by step method.
1. A Machine having a 32-bit processor and installed 32-bit operating systems.
2. A Machine having a 64-bit processor and installed 32-bit operating systems.
3. A Machine having a 64-bit processor and installed 64-bit operating systems.
I believe that after reading this you get permanently comes over this confusion.